Opera singers in Berlin, Vienna and most recently in London have embraced it, and soon it will be brought to the singers’ community in Cardiff, Wales:
German for Opera Singers.
The Berlin-based German language consultant, writer, and tutor Bernd Hendricks will conduct his renowned workshop for the first time in the Welsh capital. On Friday, December 8th and on Saturday, December 9th, for four hours each day, singers will be able
– to brush up their German,
– to examine the linguistics of German libretti and Lieder,
– to understand and express theatre vocabulary and stage directions, and
– to learn about the German audition system from a Berlin-based singer via skype.
In addition, each day for two hours before or after the group session, Mr Hendricks will be available for individual sessions about the singers’ written audition requests and questions about the linguistics of arias or Lieder they are currently working on.
Location: YMCA Plas Community Center, Roath Room, 2 Shakespeare Street, Cardiff.
The workshop will be open for everyone who sings, conducts, or directs.
Are you interested in participating in the Cardiff Workshop? Do you want to know more about the course programme? Please drop me a line at email@example.com
The workshop series German for Opera Singers draws singers from all around the world who want to live and sing in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. These are some of the themes of previous workshops:
– Ich komme. Haben Sie Zeit? How to write an audition request to agencies in German - Seien wir wieder gut – The Linguistics of Ariadne auf Naxos - O namenlose Freude – The Linguistics of Fidelio - Du heller, wilder Fluss – Understanding the Poetry in Schubert’s songs - Die Frist ist um – Common Traits in Wagner’s Libretti
Read articles about previous workshops, for example … The London Workshop: Click.
The Vienna Workshop: Click.
The Ariane auf Naxos Workshop: Click.
Video: Watch and listen what singers have to say about the Ariadne workshop.